Fifty Years Ago In Sanborn History...

One of the pleasures of working at Sanborn is that the school has a rich 127 year history. In my office I have a bookcase where past principals have left yearbooks from each graduating class since 1957 (the library has yearbooks dating back further than that)!

Two years ago, we digitally uploaded most of these yearbooks to our Facebook Alumni page as a way to boost our participation on that page, and it worked - over 1500 alumni have signed up. Still, I often feel that it is a shame that these old yearbooks aren't more widely available to all. For today's post, I pay tribute to the class of 1960 by posting some of their yearbook candids along with the captions they used. I thought it was a fitting way to look at what life at Sanborn was like fifty years ago. Enjoy!





















Comments

  1. I wasn't at Sanborn 50 years ago, but I was in high school at that time. I came to teach at Sanborn for most of my teaching career. It is just wonderful to see these pages from that old yearbook. Wonder where all those kids are now? If you were in that class, please post something on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you checked out our Facebook Alumni page? There are over 1500 members, many of whom attended school at the seminary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Speech to the NHS Inductees on Scholarship

Does Your School Facility Need a Makeover?

My Speech to the NHS Inductees on Character