SRHS Update: Week of March 5
Dear Parents, Students, and Friends of Sanborn Regional High School. Here are your important announcements for the week.
1. Please join me Wednesday (March 7) from 6-7pm in the library for my monthly PAC meeting. This month's topic will be the budget, the vote, and the Seminary project. I have invited SRSD Business Administrator Carol Coppola to attend and answer any questions folks might have about school funding and what the school district is doing to plan long-term for expected changes to school funding from the state and federal levels over the next few years.
2. Did you know we now have our very own PTO? Please consider joining. The membership form is attached.
3. Come join us for the choral event "Many Voices" TONIGHT at 6:30 in the auditorium at Sanborn Regional High School. The Methodist University Choir, under the direction of Dr. Michael Martin, will perform a joint concert with various student groups from the Sanborn Regional School District under the direction of music teachers Marilyn Cook, Nancy Fiske, and Victoria Williams. A suggested donation for admission is $5 for adults and $2 for children/students.
4. Congratulations to our girls cheering squad who qualified for States yesterday by scoring the highest Sanborn point total ever (162.5 points) at a competition at Pinkerton yesterday. The girls will be competing in States next weekend at Southern New Hampshire University. Congratulations girls, we are proud of you!
5. The Athletic Department will hold their winter sports awards on the evening of Monday, March 12.
6. The scholarship newsletter from the guidance department for the week of February 24 is attached.
7. Come support the drama club and see their performance of West Side Story this weekend in the auditorium. Shows will run Friday at 7, Saturday at 7, and Sunday at 2pm.
8. The freshman class will sponsor a "Laps for Literacy" campaign March 12 - 15. Help support a great cause. See the attached flyer for more information.
9. The post-prom planning committee is currently running three fundraisers. See the attached flyer for more information.
For more information contact:
THERESA DRURYAfter-Prom Booster Committee - 2012 Prom for the Sanborn Regional High School (603) firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
10. The SRHS PTO is sponsoring a book drive and a book swap for Read Across America week March 12-15. They are looking for new or gently used books. Donations can be left in the main office for Mary Magnusson. See the attached flyer for more information.
Have a great week everyone!