SRHS Update: Week of September 4
I am happy to report that the best word to describe our first week would be "uneventful." In my seven years at Sanborn, I'm not sure I would have ever been able to use that word. We had some glitches, as you would expect, but for the most part it was a quiet and smooth transition from summer to fall. Thank you to all of you for your help in making that possible.
Here are your important announcements for the week:
1. Please consider joining us for our first PTO meeting of the year - Wednesday September 19 at 6pm in the library. The PTO needs your parent voice! (PAC meetings likely will start in October).
2. I have attached the Guidance Department September calendar. You can also view it by clicking this link: http://www.sau17.org/images/stories/highschool/Lori/guid_cal_sept_12.pdf
3. Today is school picture day for grades 10-12. We will have a separate picture day for freshman on September 10. We will hold a retake session later this month for stduents who need it.
4. If anyone is involved in the ice hockey cookie dough fundraiser to help support the new ice hockey team, please pass in your orders on the 13th in the high school cafeteria.
5. The Guidance Department will host an overview of the college process for senior students and their parents and/or guardians, on Monday, September 10, 2012, from 6:30pm-8:00pm, in the high school library. The New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation (NHHEAF) will walk you through the college process and answer any questions you may have. Please contact guidance at 603-642-3600 if you have any questions.
There will be future college night events for other grade levels on the following dates: Juniors March 11, Freshman and Sophomores April 15 (after you pay your taxes, of course).
6. I am so proud of SRHS Class of 2012 graduate Ruby Chaffee. Ruby was selected as one of twenty four teens from around the country to work with Lady Gaga on her Born this Way Foundation. Ruby spent a week in Hollywood training for this new important role. We are very excited to see how far Sanborn graduates can go, but even more excited that she would like to make sure that Sanborn is included as a primary school for any new Born This Way initiatives. If you would like to learn more about this program, visit this link: http://bornthiswayfoundation.org/
7. Speaking of being proud, how about a salute to the football team - they opened up the 2012-2013 season on Saturday afternoon with a home win against the Pelham HS Pythons - the final score was 27-12. Nice work Coach Welch, your staff, and of course, the players!
Have a great week!