SRHS Update: Week of February 20
Dear Parents, Students, and Friends of Sanborn Regional High School. Here are your important announcements for the week (remember, you can't view the attachments unless you join Mr. Stack's email list. There is a link for this on the school's website).
1. Winter Carnival week is here! See the attached packet for more information.
2. Did you know we now have our very own PTO? Please consider joining. The membership form is attached.
3. Come join us for the choral event "Many Voices" on Monday, March 5, 2012 at 6:30 in the auditorium at Sanborn Regional High School. The Methodist University Choir, under the direction of Dr. Michael Martin, will perform a joint concert with various student groups from the Sanborn Regional School District under the direction of music teachers Marilyn Cook, Nancy Fiske, and Victoria Williams. A suggested donation for admission is $5 for adults and $2 for children/students.
4. The Yearbook is in desperate need of Parent advertisements to offset the cost of printing the yearbook. Please consider purchasing one. An attached flyer has more information.
5. The freshman class will sponsor a "Laps for Literacy" campaign March 12 - 15. Help support a great cause. See the attached flyer for more information.
6. The post-prom planning committee is currently running three fundraisers. See the attached flyer for more information.
For more information contact:
THERESA DRURYAfter-Prom Booster Committee - 2012 Prom for the Sanborn Regional High School (603) firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
7. The SRHS PTO is sponsoring a book drive and a book swap for Read Across America week March 12-15. They are looking for new or gently used books. Donations can be left in the main office for Mary Magnusson. See the attached flyer for more information.
8. The Northeast Organic Farmers Association of New Hampshire (NOFA-NH) invites the community of Sanborn Regional High School to come to their Tenth Annual Winter Conference. To thank the Sanborn community for being the host school for 2012, NOFA-NH is offering a special discounted rate to members of the SRHS and Fremont, Newton, and Kingston, NH communities. Information about the conference and the full schedule can be found at http://www.nofanhwc.org/. The early bird discount for the NOFA-NH Tenth Annual Winter Conference registration ends on 3 February, 2012. Combined with the special discount NOFA-NH is offering to the SRHS community in gratitude for being our gracious hosts, that's nearly 75% off the adult registration fee. Registration can be done on-line at www.regonline.com/nofanh2012WC. Students, family and faculty/staff of Sanborn should select the Sanborn RHS Community registration category. Then they will be asked for a discount code, which is SRHS13. Registration before 3 February will be $18.95 per person; after 3 February will be $33.95. All attendees are encouraged to participate in the Pot Luck Lunch, either by bringing a dish to share or buying a plate - $15 per adult, $7.50 per child under 13. We're looking forward to seeing you at the conference!
Have a great week everyone!