My Request to Parents on Prom Night


Prom night is the night that every high school principal dreads. When I leave the Seaglass Friday night at 11PM, I will be a miserable wreck until the next morning. Each year, on prom night, I pray that I won’t get a call from a police officer letting me know that something tragic has happened to one of our students as a result of a poor decision made on prom night.
Parents, I urge you to make sure you know where your children are after they leave the prom venue. Call them. Call them again. Call the adults of the homes are staying at for the night. Call them again. Bother them all night long with calls and text messages. If you are hosting a post-prom event for your child and his or her friends, make sure you have checked in with each of the kids at your gathering to be sure that they have connected with their parents.
On prom night, we are all the parents for all of the children in our community. Let’s all have a safe prom night.
On Friday, May 12th, Sanborn Regional High School will hold its prom at the Seaglass in Salisbury beginning at 6:00PM. Prior to that event, family and friends are invited to our promenade ceremony in front of our school at 4:30PM (students should report by 4). Please come out and see all of our students dressed up and ready to have a night to remember!
Thank you for taking the time to read my request.
Brian M. Stack, Principal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Speech to the NHS Inductees on Scholarship

Does Your School Facility Need a Makeover?

My Speech to the NHS Inductees on Character