SRHS Update: Week of March 12
Dear Parents, Students, and Friends of Sanborn Regional High School. Here are your important announcements for the week.
1. Did you know we now have our very own PTO? Please consider joining. The membership form is attached.
2. The Athletic Department will hold their winter sports awards TONIGHT at 6:30 in the auditorium.
3. Based on parent input, the Guidance Department has invited NHHEAF to give a special college and future planning event for sophomore parents and students.The presentation is called "High School, College, Career, Life...Bring It!" and it will be presented on April 16th @ 6:00 in the library. See the attached flyer for more information.
4. The guidance department scholarship newsletter for the week of March 9th is attached.
5. Sanborn will be hosting a comprehensive one-to-one or small group SAT Prep course offered by ACES Tutoring. The course, held over 8 sessions, is designed to fully prepare you for the SAT I test. While every student is different, students who have taken the ACES SAT Prep course report gains of 100 points or more in each category. For the class, students must purchase ‘The Official SAT Study Guide’ by Collegboard and ‘Vocabulary Cartoons II; SAT Word Power’ by Burchers (total retail cost at Barnes & Noble, approximately $25). Classes will be Thursdays from 6PM to 7:30PM at Sanborn and will run from March 29th through May 24th in preparation for the June 2nd and Fall SAT Reasoning Test dates. Sign up today at the Guidance Office! The deadline for sign up is March 23rd. The cost for the 8 session course is $125. Checks should be brought to Guidance and made payable to ACES Tutoring. See the attached flyer for more information.
6. The AP Exam registration process starts next week with a deadline of March 23. Contact the Guidance Office for more information.
7. Did you know that SRHS became a testing center for the ACT's this year? SRHS will be hosting the April 14 ACT test. Registration is due March 9 (or March 10-23 with a late fee). Sign up for the ACT's by visiting their website at http://www.actstudent.org/index.html.
EVEN BETTER ----
Last month, some of our Sanborn students participated in a special ACT study with Mr. Nute and Mr. Conant. As a result, we now have FREE online ACT prep programs for any Sanborn students who would like to try one. These expire on June 1, 2012.
If you would like a FREE ACT test prep account for your child, email me (Brian Stack --- firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will set you up!
In Other News...
8. Congratulations to the drama department for their performances of West Side Story this past weekend. They did a great job!
9. The freshman class will sponsor a "Laps for Literacy" campaign this week (March 12 - 15). Help support a great cause. See the attached flyer for more information.
10. The post-prom planning committee is currently running several fundraisers, including one with Perella's Pizza of Haverhill (see attached flyer)
For more information contact:
THERESA DRURYAfter-Prom Booster Committee - 2012 Prom for the Sanborn Regional High School (603) email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great week everyone!